You can send all correspondence for Rhythm Changes to my email, will at rhythmchanges dot ca.
Rhythm Changes publishes multiple days per week at 6:00am Pacific Time (PT) from Vancouver, BC, Canada. The publisher and de facto editor-in-chief is me, Will Chernoff.
If you are an artist or a publicist, you may wish to pitch for editorial consideration in the free weekly article or the podcast. The standard lead time is around 2 months.
When you would like to make sure your gig appears in the free weekly article's gigs section, we recommend submitting it to Rory Hislop (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline of Monday, 12:00pm Pacific Time.
- Tuesday: free weekly article
- Wednesday: new podcast episode (one per month)
- Friday: Rhythm Changes Update for paying subscribers
What about the gig list?
The gig list publishes every month, full of Metro Vancouver jazz live music events. It also gets regular edits and corrections to make sure it stays as useful as possible.
Many readers of Rhythm Changes enjoy the gig list primarily through the free weekly article – which delivers each week's upcoming gigs from the list.
The gig list is edited by Rory Hislop and published by me. We love making it more convenient to keep track of live gigs in our scene. That said, for the most up-to-date listings, we always recommend checking the webpage over the free weekly article's gigs section.
I last updated this list of upcoming holidays on October 17, 2022.
- Friday, November 11, 2022: Remembrance Day in BC
- Friday, December 23 to end of 2022: winter break
- Friday, April 7, 2023: Good Friday in Canada
- Friday, August 4, 2023: British Columbia Day long weekend ahead
- Friday, October 6, 2023: Thanksgiving long weekend in BC ahead
- Tuesday, December 19 to end of 2023: winter break
Help & support
- Errors: I appreciate all notice about incorrect things that I've published. When you report errors to me, I add corrections to those articles or podcast episode descriptions.
- Feedback: please send your opinions, questions, or feedback in response to anything I publish, as I've reconsidered some of my past conclusions thanks to readers like you.
- Technical: let me know when something on the website or podcast doesn't work for you. Also, you can find subscriber-only information about the Update here, and you get some details about the free weekly article on a welcome page when you sign-up for it.
- Alternative music platform news – you have done something noteworthy on an alternative platform for music, like Ampled or Resonate (or anything else that's more niche than Bandcamp).
- Newsworthy information about people, businesses, or current events related to music in Metro Vancouver – I respect your privacy. For the most-sensitive information, postal mail is the most-extremely private way to go. You can find my mailing address at the bottom of all email products sent by Rhythm Changes. But for most purposes, a phone call or a request for my Signal/Telegram/WhatsApp number will do.
- Pay-for-playlist tips – someone has asked directly for your payment in exchange for adding music to a Spotify playlist, which violates Spotify’s User Guideline #8 (this is not the same as payment for consideration of your music on Submithub/etc., which is okay).
- Streaming fraud tips – someone you know has purchased artificial streams or video views in bulk, which is fraud (this is obviously not the same as buying ads to gain streams and video views, which is okay).