On the Rhythm Changes Podcast, Aidan Goheen talks about how he replaced Will Chernoff in the band Early Spirit during 2021.
Rhythm Changes Podcast topics
photo by Christopher Edmonstone
- Which bands Aidan has been in before Early Spirit
- Early Spirit’s shows of summer 2021 and Aidan’s first gigs since joining
- The band’s audience demographic and how Aidan can get used to it
- Doing a photoshoot with Christopher Edmonstone
- What it’s like being around Ben Kelly, J. Knutson, and Gabriel Dubreuil
- Aidan’s role as another driver for the band on the road, which I never could provide
- Bonding with Gabriel over outdoor activities, and what Aidan taught him how to do
- Our thoughts on how a band can made a change of members work well for everyone
- How a new band member needs two big-picture things to have a good time as they join the operation
- Early Spirit’s recording time at Monarch Studios in October 2021, and Jay’s role in the studio
- The biggest difference in how Early Spirit works in the studio compared to Aidan’s other band
- His confession about his studio experience in the folk genre
- What Aidan does to make Early Spirit fit into his school-teaching schedule, and what role the band has in his day-to-day
- How music teachers can inspire their students with their extracurricular life
- What Early Spirit needs for a great year in 2022?
My top moment was when I asked Aidan a crucial question about the balance of the band. It’s a funny response but speaks to how valuable he is to the whole group. Stick around for that!
Find Early Spirit at their website.